Parents Association – Aims and Objectives
The Parents’ Association at Canal Way Educate Together National School was formally established in September 2014. The aims the Association are to:
- enable parents to be actively involved in our school community,
- build a partnership between parents, children and staff at our school,
- provide support for our teachers,
- provide support for each other as parents, and to
- plan for the best possible teaching and learning for our children.
The Parents’ Association promotes the interests of the students in co-operation with the Board of Management, Principal, teachers, auxiliary staff and students, in accordance with the provisions of Section 26 of the Education Act, 1998.
The Parents’ Association undertakes to carry out a programme of activities, which is in accordance with the Principal, staff, and Board of Management. These activities aim to achieve the following:
- Promote the active involvement of parents in enriching children’s experience of school life.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues of common interest to parents and a channel for the communication of these issues to the Principal and Board of Management.
- Support parents in developing in their role as parents and in contributing to the school community.
- Provide a social forum for parents.
- Provide a social forum for our children.